søndag 14. oktober 2012

Watercolour abstract


Hm. Sometimes - or, honestly, quite often - my mind, i.e. my imagination of possible paintings, and my hand do not cooperate. I feel like I want to achieve far too much, ahead of and above my own capasity when it comes to painting. I have a vague idea of the direction of what I like my own expression to be like.  But I wish I could have a mentor to guide me at regular intervals, which would give a nother continuity than a weekend workshop can offer, that could have helped me identify a direction of my style of painting, which at the moment jump from one to the other. I have no direction of what my own "voice" is. Perhaps I should start searching around and approach artists for the possibility of a mentorship?

Today`s "painting" is an excersise I did to explore transparency. I kind of like the shapes and the colours.

4 kommentarer:

  1. These exercises are a great way to get to know what watercolor can do! I recognize your remark about jumping from one style to another, I have the same question from time to time about myself. Don't let it bother you, your style will emerge one day!

    SvarSlett
  2. I hope so. :) Anyhow, I have now ordered a couple of books at Amazone related to this. I often get much inspiration from art books, and will give a review of the books here when I get them.

    SvarSlett
  3. Hello Sissel:) You succeed in the transparency here! This is the nice thing about watercolor; surprises:) I love this abstract painging. Well done!

    SvarSlett