tirsdag 27. november 2012

New watercolour portrait


A portrait coming to life. I am working without any model, so I never know what expression that will come through in the portraits. It is very exciting to watch who the different "visitors" are.

I am, though, deliberately aiming to explore something else than just a "pretty" portrait. I want to explore and express the wide variety of the human emotions and psychological states through the watercolour medium, not only the "beautiful" and "perfect".

Something completely different in the background!  - as you can see I have also been working on painting of a colander.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Sissel:) This portrait is going to be beautiful. I already can see. I'm so curious how the finished portrait will look like. So brave of you to do this without a model or other example. And you are right. It doesn't always have to be perfect and beautiful! Good luck with it, I'm sure you will handle this allright!

    SvarSlett
  2. Beautiful portrait! Waouh!!!

    SvarSlett
  3. Thank you all for your supportive comments - much appreciated! :)

    SvarSlett