fredag 10. mai 2013

Drawings





Two different drawings of the same figure. One loose and very quick pen drawing, and another a little bit more elaborated, but still very quick, pencil drawing. It is interesting how the medium changes the expression.

I am fighting against my own impatience when it comes to painting, though. I like the quick and spontanous way of expressing my self on the paper. But I still don't master the watercolours and the different paper qualities well enough to be able to control such a way of expression. So, I have to fight my own desire to paint in a quick and bold way as it very often ends up with a disaster! There is so much to learn about painting tecniques, different paper qualities, amount of water held in the paper, how the different pigments flow. Luckily, this summer I am going to attend to workshops! It is in Sweden, at Gerleborgsskolan www.gerlesborgsskolan.se . It will be 4 days in July and 5 days later in August. I am looking very much forward to it!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Both drawings are very good! I'm also impatient and know the struggle. I sometimes paint a second painting of the same subject to avoid the mistakes of the first one.

    SvarSlett
  2. Hello Sissel:) I haven't discover a disaster on your blog so far! You're doing so well. Love both drawings. And yes, there is so much to discover, that's the best part of it!!:)

    SvarSlett
  3. Thank you both :) Oh, well - I don`t show my disasters here, haha! But I am fairly comfortable with it still, as long as one out of ten trials is getting somewhere!

    SvarSlett