onsdag 28. august 2013

Fantasy flower

I have painted this early in the mornings before I have to go to the office, one bit at a time through several days. I tend to spoil a painting if I rush to finnish it, and so I need a lot of time, most often many days, to work on a painting. I used an earlier drawing I have made for inspiration for the flower, but from there the painting developed itself, and for some reason the flower wanted to grow right out of a branch. So then it turned out like this. I might still work a little bit more on two of the petals at the right which need a little bit more contrast. The painting is relatively big, about 40x60 cm, painted on Arches 300g hot pressed paper.

1 kommentar:

  1. Hello Sissel:) Some painters can do a painting in two hours. Not me! It takes me a vew days to complete a painting.Your flower is beautiful. I love the loose style of it and the colors are soft and very nice.

    SvarSlett