søndag 22. mars 2015

Bathing beauty

Oil on canvas, 30x40 cm, not title.

The fun thing about not having a sketch or a pre-thought desing is that painting becomes an surprising adventure. The only thing I knew when I started with this painting was that it was going to be a portrait.  The expression, style, colours and the scene came as I painted. This painting started off with some really quick and lose brush strokes with acrylics, and from there I continued with oils. First, I attempted a loose style, which I kind of liked. But then I messed it up. Then I attempted a more "classic" painting style, but the result bored me, so I wiped it off. This morning I started out with a fresh mind, and I decided to paint it more like the manner I paint my house-paintings.

I wonder if the ligth blue line in the bottom right corner is too strong? Perhaps I will adjust it a little bit.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar