lørdag 18. april 2015

Colours and summer are coming

Acrylic and oil on canvas, 18x24 cm, no title.

Very surprising colours! As I did not have any plan when I started this small daily painting, I just went with the flow and kind of followed what I saw might be possible solutions as I painted. For example, the two green blocks there, that was just some lines from the underpaint, and I just thought they might do something for the composition. Then I got the association of trees, and now they might represent abstracted trees - or something else for another viewer. To me the painting turned out a summer landscape, a house beside a harbour and the bright sun shining. The colours and the shapes look almost like the small children´s building blocks.

To me, this exploring journey as I paint, not knowing myself which shapes and which colours will "appear" is what excites me! And sometimes it really surprises me - I don´t see my self as attracted to neither cubism nor naivism, but that is what appears on the canvas!?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar