søndag 19. april 2015

Harbour scene

Acrylics and oil on painting, 18x24 cm, no title.

I have been working on some larger paintings lately, but focusing again on these small format paintings is just so satisfying as you actually get to finish them in a day or two or so.

This one I started yesterday, I just started with some yellow and orange underpaint and had no concrete plan other than possibly a house-theme again. For a long time there were a mountain in the horizon on this painting, but it eventually had to go as it was disturbing to the composition.

Again I have to say I am surprisesd by the stringency that I am about to develop in my paintings.? It stands in contrast to my watercolour paintings I made just a year ago which were pretty loosely painted. But I choose to go with the flow and paint in the style that kind of feels right right now, allthough I cannot explain where this drive to paint minimalistic and abstract landscape paintings comes from.

As every painting is a surprise to myself, I am not only a painter but also a curious observer of the finnished pieces. And to me this painting is again a kind of a harbour-scene with the ocean lying still, and perhaps it is in the middle of the night and the moon is shining?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar