fredag 15. mai 2015

Inspired by Francis Bacon

Oil and acrylic on canvas, 18x24 cm, not title.

Painted today, inspired by the surrealistic paintings by Francis Bacon. I had no plan, but had Francis Bacon paintings in my mind. I started out with a blue background. Then I used my personal creativity trick! - I take a bottle of acrylics which has a thin needle-like opening and then quickly draw random lines which I immediately drag out with a dishwasher sponge! Then I start looking for interesting shapes, figures etc. I repeat this process until I see a figure I can work and build on. This time it was enough with one quick swirl with the acrylics bottle, and I saw this figure appearing. To me it is person bathing in the night. I tried out some figures and some orange colour in the upper right corner to balance the blue and to have something the person could gaze on, but I found that it disturbed the painting.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar