søndag 24. juni 2012

Wonderful watercolour book by Jean Haines


I have been refering to this book, "Atmospheric watercolours" by Jean Haines, in my blog. As I am both a book addict, but also use books as my tutors for learning how to paint in watercolour, I have gathered quite a few such books. To me, this one is almost beyond words. When I first got it in my hands and scrolled through it, it made my heart sing! In the first place, it is filled with bright, fantastic colours and paintings by the author. I cannot quite describe it, it is pleasing to the eye and the soul, it is like taking a bath in colours when looking in this book. Second, she describes very well different watercolour techniques, and gives demonstrations that make you understand - and yourself able to achieve - how to paint in a variety of ways. Last, she gives many wonderful tips throughout the book that is both inspiring and valuable. I have allready learned a lot from this book - and will continue explore the different themes, tips and excercises. I can warmly recommend "Atmospheric watercolours", both for those new to watercolour, but also for the experienced who perhaps have been painting in a more traditional way in watercolour but who would like to explore a more impressionistic and loose style of painting in this medium.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar