onsdag 31. juli 2013

Arctic afternoon

Arctic afternoon, Arches 300 g, 22x33 cm
More winter landscapes. It comes from my choice of colours as I am more fond of the blue range of the colour scale than the green summer colours. I have used Arhces 300 g paper in the last postings. To learn more about the quality of Arches paper was an important lesson and experience at the workshop I attended.So now I use only Arches.

This painting is, as almost always, from my head and just "happening". I didn't plan any cottage in this painting, I was more occupied with creating a nice effect with the sky. But the painting needed something more, so I added a cottage and a flagpole to make a contrast against the background. I made it with a clever tip I learned at the workshop - by using masking tape: you put a little piece of tape on the painting, rub a line with the back of your painting brush or something similar upon the tape, and then rip it off - and you will get back the white of the paper. But  - it only work with paper such as Arches, otherwise, big pieces of paper may easily be ripped of.

3 kommentarer:

  1. This is a lovely painting. Such rich colours. I can see why you love the blue colours and they work so well. Thanks for the masking tip. I haven't got any Arches paper at the moment, but will bear it in mind.

    SvarSlett
  2. Those blues are wonderful! Thanks for the tip about masking tape, I'll try it!

    SvarSlett
  3. Wow Sissel, you went 10 levels higher after this workshop. I already loved your work but this is so amazing beautiful. I already use the masking tape for a longer period of time. I did some work on Arches too, but it is so expensive. But it is the finest paper there is. Keep on going!!

    SvarSlett