søndag 7. oktober 2012

Daffodils in fall


 It has been many weeks since I last painted  - as a couple of bigger events has happened since summer; first, I started in a new job in August, and that took quite some focus. Then, I bought my own apartment!! So the last weeks have been all about packing and moving and unpacking again, and settling in the new apartment. But yesterday, it was time to pull out all my watercolour stuff again.

As allways when I have been out of the painting flow for a while, I need to start easily just to get some paint on the paper. For me, it works well to start off by copying things from other artists to get the brush moving.  I allways get so much inspiration from Jean Haines` books, and this simple picture of daffodils is inspired from one of her paintings.

So - now I hope I am back on track and that more paintings will come along!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hello Sissel:) Welcome back:) Sometimes other things are more important than painting. Unbelieveble but true :) Congratulations with your new home and your new job. Almost sounds like a whole new life:) Happy painting!

    SvarSlett
  2. Hello Renate! Yes, sometimes other things takes all focus and energy. I saw on your blog that you paint on yupo paper. I have never heard about that, nor tried it, and am now curious about it. Would be interesting to hear your experiences with it.

    SvarSlett